Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy 5th

Did you make it?

Did you make it through one of THE most triggering holidays of all holidays?
Did you make it through the short shorts?  The bikinis? 
Did you make it through feeling less than because your yard doesn't look like the pictures in Country Living?
Did you make it through seeing other families together?  BBQing?  Laughing?
Did you make it through the disconnect in your life?  marriage?
Did you make it through seeing others seem perfect?
Did you make it through wanting to scream a little?
Did you make it through wanting to cry a lot?

Maybe you didn't deal with any of that.  Maybe you only dealt with some.  Maybe you dealt with all.

Either way, I'm just popping in to say:

It's FINALLY the FRIGGIN' FIFTH.  And you -you, wonderful you -MADE IT THROUGH.

It's a whole new kind of freedom fighting when you're fighting to be free from the trauma that travels with addictions... fighting to not let baggage rule the holiday.  Fighting to be free from manipulation, control, and drama.  Fighting to be free from the hostage of our own minds who convince us we're less than or better than.

Fight to be FREE to LIVE.

B'cuz it's patriotic, that's why.


2 comments:

  1. I love that shirt! Did I tell you I wore it to church one Sunday? Yeah, it was RAD! I actually LOVE the fourth and HATE the fifth... yes, it was my D-Day... well, D-Day numero uno I should say. Ugh! It was the day Alice was born, 7 years ago. But she feels so much older. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. We were in such a good place, and then on our float trip, on the fifth, some random girl with about 0% body fat, perky implants, and about three inches of fabric for a bikini said "hi" to my husband. While my pregnant frumpy self paddled our boat down the river.

    Trigger city. Physically, I got through it. But someone PLEASE send my heart the friggin memo.

    ReplyDelete