Friday, February 5, 2016

Lodged


I love Robert Frost -I've always had a weird complex with jumping on Fan Trains.  This is why I didn't read Harry Potter until everyone else had quit and why I don't do chevron anything.
If it has a fan following, something inside of me strongly resists.
There have been a few exceptions, and Robert Frost is one of those exceptions.  I'm a Frost Fan.

His poetry keeps me on my toes.  I read through them and find a surface message, but I return and dig deep and find a deeper message.
As I read, "Lodged," I smiled.
It is depressing on the surface, conjuring up images of beaten little flowers -victims to the unrelenting nature of nature.

But it isn't depressing.  It is empowering.

A garden bed brings up two pictures in my mind: a plot of fertile dirt, waiting for rain to bring forth fruit.
And a bed/bed... as in the kind of bed I kneel beside, just as the flowers knelt.

I lay lodged, though not dead.
Ah, that beautiful storm that bring me to my knees, it FEEL lodged in those moments.

But I know that when the rain and wind move on, I shake and straighten... my blossom glows brighter, my stem stronger.  Those around me grow as a result of my storm.

Praises be to the storm.
May you kneel during the push and pelt, for glory and grace are waiting.

4 comments:

  1. You are an answer to my heart's prayer tonight.
    Even folding my word of the year into your words.
    Thank you for how you are an instrument in God's hands, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That was powerfully beautiful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this was just so beautiful thank you for sharing this tender mercy with the world <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this was just so beautiful thank you for sharing this tender mercy with the world <3

    ReplyDelete